- The City of Oakley provides water, sewer and refuse services for the residents.
- A Utility Billing Agreement is required for all utility services and all information must be completed on the form.
- A picture ID is required and applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- A $10.00, non-refundable, connect fee is put on your first months bill, there is no deposit.
- Renters must have the owner's signature before utilities can be transferred.
- All previous bills owed to the City of Oakley must be paid before new utility services are connected.
- A completed Utility Billing and Service Agreement must be completed and returned to the City Office before services can be transferred to you.
- A Read Out Service Request is required when you leave your residence.
- Utility meters are read between the 17th and 22nd of each month with bills going out the last working day of the month.
- All bills are due by the 15th of the following month. If not paid by the 15th, a 10% penalty is added and if not paid 8:00 AM on the last working day of the month, utilities will be disconnected.
- Reconnect fees are $40 for reconnection during business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. After hour, weekend or holiday reconnect is $100.
- Utility Payment Agreements are available if a customer is unable to pay. A customer is allowed only 3 per year, with no 2 in a row. Default of an agreement will result in immediate disconnect of your water service.
- The City offers a Levelized Utility Payment Plan, which calculates a year of usage history into a monthly payment. Your monthly payment is refigured every year in October.